The 7 Best Ways to Build a Positive Relationship with a Car Salesperson for an Enjoyable Dealership Experience
1. Pre-Appointment: Be proactive, this approach allows the salesperson to prepare for your time together. Reach out to the dealership beforehand to schedule an appointment. This ensures a more focused and personalized interaction.
2. Arrive Well-Informed: Equip yourself with knowledge about the latest industry trends, customer reviews, and any ongoing promotions. This not only showcases your commitment but also sets the stage for a more productive conversation, and a faster experience.
3. Express Clear Preferences: Clearly outline your must-haves and deal-breakers in a vehicle. This helps the salesperson narrow down options that align with your preferences, streamlining the decision-making process.
4. Demonstrate Seriousness: Signal your commitment by discussing potential financing options or asking about the trade-in process. This shows the salesperson that you are genuinely exploring the possibility of making a purchase.
5. Openness to Recommendations: While having preferences is essential, be open to the salesperson’s suggestions based on their expertise. A collaborative approach fosters trust and may lead to discovering options you may not have considered.
6. Negotiate Respectfully: If negotiations arise, maintain a respectful and cooperative attitude. Recognize that both parties are working towards a mutually beneficial agreement, and a positive negotiation experience can set a good tone for the rest of the transaction. Especially in used vehicles, try not to “cut down” or besmirch the vehicle.
7. Post-Purchase Follow-Up: After making a purchase, follow up with the salesperson to express gratitude and share your satisfaction. This not only acknowledges their efforts but solidifies your relationship for further down the road with service, or warranty issues.
Do these 7 things and your visit to the dealership will be a lot smoother, and less confrontational and much faster!
Dean Benson, “The Dean of Rock & Roll” middays on https://www.sky7music.com I am on “The Only Classic Rock” channel.